11.09.2011

Electronic Cutting with the Silhouette Cameo

If you are a crafter of any kind, then this little beauty is going to change your life!  The Silhouette Cameo is a compact electronic cutting tool that can cut paper, fabric, vinyl, and more up to 12 inches wide and 10 feet long.  It can help you cut small details for cards, tags, vinyl letters for your wall, and even aid you in glass etching designs.  For anyone who has spent hours tediously cutting out shapes for a project, this cutter and software will make light of any cutting work, and perhaps encourage you to be more creative.  When I was getting a demo of the Cameo in the Paper Source I couldn't help thinking of all the things I could make with it's help.  These were projects I never would have considered doing before because of the amount of time it would take me to actually complete them, but with this "helper" they would be done with almost no effort.

With Christmas around the corner the Cameo would be a perfect gift for anyone who works with crafts, card-making, or even event design.  The price point is a little steep at around $300, but like purchasing a sewing machine, the possibilities are almost endless.  I'm going to be trying this out on my own soon and will let you know how it goes.  I think it will be pretty awesome though.





images: silhouette america, baking equals lovejill ruth & co., makeit-loveitsilhouette america

No comments:

Post a Comment