9.02.2011

Creating a Reading Nook

I've been slowly working on the apartment that I moved into at the end of March, and I'm ashamed to say that progress has been slower than I would like. (I haven't even painted yet.)  It seems that life has gotten in the way of paying more attention to my own space.  However, the other day I was able to turn a vacant area of my bedroom into a reading nook for myself that incorporated items I already owned.  Using an outdoor butterfly chair that I had been keeping at the side of my apartment building (my wanna-be garden oasis), along with a pillow, blanket, and small rug from other areas of my home I was able to reinvent this little space and make it look and feel more comfortable.  Now I just need a coat of paint, some curtains and some photos on the wall and we will be in business.



No comments:

Post a Comment