1.12.2011

Divide and Concur Kitchen Clutter

"Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein, scientist

One of the biggest places people need extra space is in the kitchen. There never seems to be enough counter space or enough storage for all of the contraptions that we buy. The mixers, the blenders, and the whirling thingamajigs. It might be a good idea to go through some of that stuff to make room for the things that you will use all the time.

Just recently I was trying to make room for a couple of cookbooks inside of my cabinets and came across a large serving bowl I never knew I had. It made me think...how many other things are going unused and unnoticed until they have joined the "I don't remember buying this!" list. So I proceeded to go cabinet by cabinet, shelf by shelf, and clear things out. I ended up with a bag full of stuff that included an old George Forman grill I haven't used in years and some coffee mugs that I'd been holding on to for sentimental reasons. Whatever was hiding I put in a place where I know I would see it and use it. If I don't use them now, then I will know that its because I have no use for them, not because I didn't know they were there. My new rule...I want to use everything I own, otherwise why have it.

Here are a few ideas to create extra space around the kitchen as well as some interesting food storage options to keep everything organized:



1. $9.99 Wall Mount Grocery Bag Holder by Simple Human 2. $99.00 Roll-Out Under Cabinet Lid Holder at Bed Bath and Beyond 3. $29.99 Asker Dish Drainer at Ikea 4. $7.99 Silver-3 Tier Mesh Cabinet Organizer at The Container Store 5. $17.99 Pull Out Waste Sorting Tray at Ikea 6. $84.95 Rev-A-Shelf Heavy Duty Mixer at Amazon.com 7. $29.95-36.95 Modular Drawer Organizer at William Sonoma 8. $6.99-$8.99 Undershelf Basket at The Container Store

1. $40-$60 each Le Creuset Enameled Stoneware Canisters at William Sonoma 2. $5.00-21.00 each Weck Modern Jar Set at Heath Ceramics 3. $19.95 Herb Keeper at Crate and Barrel 4. $6.99-$9.99 Handled Food Storage Containers at The Container Store 5. $7.00-$19.00 each Oxo Pop Containers from Amazon.com 6. $14.99 Magnetic Spice Rack at The Container Store 7.$4.00 Onion Saver at Sur La Table



Ideas!!!!!!!


Ikea





Pottery Barn



Ikea


Pottery Barn




Indecorati.com



meandalice.blogspot.com


Idealhomemagazine.co.uk


Sunset Magazine





2 comments:

  1. if you find that you aren't using your george foreman grill...michael never had one and I actually think he would love it. just sayin...i can take that off your hands if need be. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I wish I would have known. There might be one at the Goodwill on Vineland that you could get for steal then. I'll know for next time to check with friends beforehand. :)

    ReplyDelete