1.05.2011

Storage Solutions for your Office

"Make room for the new you. You may not have totally determined who the new you is going to be, but you probably have decided that there are some things about the current you, that you want to change. Well while you are working on what the new you will be, start 'cleaning out a room' for the new you to live in. Get rid of the junk in your life both physical and mental that doesn't fit you anymore. Take things out of your schedule that are taking your time away from finding out what you want to do. By making room for the new you, you will create a vacuum that the new you will rush in to fill and you will be on your way to the top."-- Edward W. Smith, Sixty Seconds To Success

The new year is here and what better way to begin your move in the right direction than to clear out and clean up. Each year I do a list of resolutions / 1 year plan that include the following goals:

Artistic, Attitude, Career, Education, Family, Financial, Physical, Pleasure, Public Service, Travel

In each section I elaborate on what I would like to improve on or do. At the end of the year I evaluate my successes and try to identify what got in the way in the areas I was not successful. I also analyze how to change my pattern of behavior in order to achieve those things for the upcoming year. This way I can keep track of my life goals and check them off as I go along. Writing things down makes everything so much easier. As funny as it seems, there are times that I forget or lose track of what I want, and in those times having a written record makes things much easier.

One of my goals this year is to get rid of the clutter or extra stuff in my life. In the book The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin she talks about doing a "virtual move." This really inspired me. "Walk around your apartment and ask yourself- if I were moving, would I pack this or get rid of it." Take it room by room, or drawer by drawer if you have to, but the important thing is that you are going through your stuff, cleaning, organizing, and clearing out as you go.

Here are a few things that might help you when tackling one of the biggest problem areas...the home office.



1.$29.00-$49.00 at West Elm 2.$11.99-14.99 at The Container Store 3.$9.00-$39.00 at West Elm 4.$425.00 at Design Public 5.$7.95-$29.95 at CB2 6.$29.95 at Crate an Barrel 7.$56.00 at Alessi 8.$30.00 at Essey 9.$74.00 at Essey

1.$29.00 each at Ballard Design 2.$229.00 at CB2 3.$90.00 at Ikea 4.$24.95 at CB2 5.$9.99-12.99 at The Container Store 6.$129.00 at Pottery Barn


1.$14.99 at Ikea 2.$39.99 at Ikea 3.$198.00 at Design Within Reach 4.$699.00 at Crate and Barrel 5.$499.00 at West Elm 6.$129.00-$179.00 at West Elm 7. $49.99 at Crate and Barrel

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love to recreate myself and clean out the closets and donate clothes! Any ideas for those who spend a lot of time in their vehicles for organization?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is good. Let me get back to you on that one. I'll have to do a special travel, or "on the go" entry soon. Thanks for the comment Candice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have a small office space, finding for best storage solution can be very tough. But you have to think of ways on how to add more storage space without eating up all the spaces. It must still look spacious, because the layout of your office can affect your work routine. -> Oralia Sankey

    ReplyDelete